"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am a genuis!




Today I realized I am a genius. No, really it is true. The problem is that the genius part of my brain only starts to work when I am falling asleep. I have the brilliant ideas while I am drifting off to sleep. I know while I am having those ideas, that they are possibly life changing. When I am awake, I am only of average intelligence, however. The reason for that I have decided is that I enjoy sleep too much, to get up and implement the ideas I have while I am in bed. I try to tell myself to remember them when I get up. I try and try to recall the genius, but nope it's always gone. If I could pop up right then, and go with the ideas, man I'd be on fire. Actually, I have a theory, it really is proof of the Universe's twisted sense of humor.


The geniuses, and brilliant people, well they just are smart enough to get up and go with their ideas before sleep erases them for the next day. Scientists say that we only use about 10% of our brains. What if the key to access that other 90% is that you have to be half awake to use it. Then if you go to sleep, well then too bad, so sad, it's lost.


Maybe tomorrow I'll remember.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darling genuis, don't we all wish we could find our true talents and unlock the secret part of our minds, but here in the real world it's mostly hard work, talent and stubbbbberness that makes things work.

By the way I just finished . . . Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward. It is a part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I love the names in the book.

Booklover said...

Aw at least someone thinks I am a genuis! Thanks mom!
I am going to start with that whole series, I have not read any of them, but lots of people talk about how much they love them on some of the groups I follow.