"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Whew! Glad that is over!

Not to seem ungrateful, or scrooge like, but man I am ready to move on into 2008! I have really big plans for this year. I am not the resolution type, so I just stick with the basic goals, hopes, and dreams. Adding to that list this year is gratitude. My gratitude today is that now longer do I ever have to feel guilty for hiding away from life, and reading a book. Now, whenever I want to read, I can call it work. I can get away with reading anything a claiming it is work, since I can post a review. That was not a benefit that I preconceived, but when I realized it today, wowie was I stoked! So, if my blog posts are sometimes brief or sporadic, it is probably cause I am working hard on a very important book that needs reviewing.
Next on the list, check with the accountants to see if all my book purchases are tax deductions now! That is like writing off food, or crack for an addict. Boy, o' boy, I am feeling very thankful today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do others get to leave reviews??

Booklover said...

I think the best way is to guest blog, I will get you the info to do that!I would love to have you guest blog! Thanks for reading, and following along...

Anonymous said...

I would like to leave a guest review. I have actually read 2 books this week. That may not seem like a big accomplishment to a girl who now reads in the name of paying the electric bill but is a huge feet for someone with 1o teeneagers at her house on any given day.

Anonymous said...

TEN?? You've got to be joking! There is absolutely NO way to read with even two of them in the house, let alone ten. You are my new hero! I would love to read your guest blog. I am so excited about the entire idea behind this blog and the fact that it is the learning curve for a new career is the icing on the cupcake for me. I'm waiting to see the wonderful outcome, so that I can no longer make any excuses to myself about how hard it is to change careers and how I just can't do it!!! (I have a lot of hope riding on the success of your brainchild). I might even be tempted to try my hand at leaving a guest review....
Keep up the GREAT work! There are plenty of us who are reading along.

Booklover said...

Now y'all are just making me blush! I am struggling in my life right now, and this blog is a thread of sanity for me. It is so awesome for me to think that other's are benefting, and enjoying this as well. When I was young and went to nursing school, I thought that I had to make a difference in the world, so nursing was the logical career. I have grown and learned that there are lots of ways to help people, and touch other's lives. Honestly though, it is still nice to hear that I can still continue to help people in my new profession. Thank you so much for the encouragement, it came at a wonderful time for me.