"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Friday, January 18, 2008

No Turning Back

I have made a decision. My current job, the really great one, is ending soon. Ending in a beautiful way, my patient has gotten better. So much better that she won't be needing a nurse anymore. That I am overjoyed about. The downside is the prospect of finding another job is driving me to drink. The thought of taking on another crappy nursing job is just gut wrenching.
So, yesterday I decided to beg my wonderful, patient, teacher to take me under his wing, and help me take it to the next level. I think he may be skeptical,hell I might be skeptical, but he agreed to help me come up with a plan. He cautioned me that it would be reading intensive. HA, I say, bring on the books.
So, decision made, I am going to be a full time web designer. Then an occasional nurse. Maybe I will volunteer for the Red Cross or something.
I have made some progress on the http://www.ijustfinished.com/ site, which will remain the priority at this time, and hopefully with my crash course it will be up and running sooner than later.
Thanks for sticking it out with me, everyone!

0 comments: