"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Skip In My Step

I haven't talked much about my web design teacher. His name is Robert, and he is a freaking genius. Full fledged, smarter than the average bear, genius. After my classes, I leave with a skip in my step, all with the world is perfect, and I have hope that all my dreams can come true. Well maybe that is sappy and wistful, but seriously, he is opening my eyes to a new world. A world that if I had even imagined it existed, it was only accessible by genuinely talented people. Now, don't misunderstand, I have not found talent, nor do I generally consider myself talented, but Robert has shown me that normal people, or even kind of slow to learn people, like myself, are actually able to create really amazing things with the proper tools, and instruction. And, the really cool part is that, this is only my second class, so I have just barely started to climb the mountain, and already the view is improving. I now know enough to realize that I can't even comprehend the summit, because it will be far and away better than I am capable of imagining right now. Man, I love learning! Today I am one step closer to being a web designer, and owner. I can hardly wait!

0 comments: