"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Have Work To Do...

There has always been those studies that show successful people list their goals, and they go on about Michael Dell, and many other famous people who reached their goals. The implication is that writing down goals, and the determination to achieve them go hand in hand. I think that is a more mainstream conservative assessment of the whole Law of Attraction concept. Which ever level of that you believe, it is undeniable that once you decide, and set your heart and mind to something, you are usually surprised how easily you see things fall into place. At least that has been my experience.
The catch is you have to want something, honestly, aligned with your heart and mind. Then start to imagine it, clearly, and really convince yourself that it (your goal) is happening. That is always the tough part for me. It is easy to say, oh I am going to lose weight, , but then not really believe it, or think I am going to save money, but still go shopping. So that alignment with heart and mind it the requirement. It makes truth out of the cliche "easier said than done".
The amazing thing is that once the commitment is there, honestly, magic starts to happen. It was only this week that I was even willing to consider that maybe I could not have a full time nursing job after this one ends in March. With that hurdle overcome, I have been able to see things more clearly. Now that my heart and mind are set on this career in web design, things, amazing things have started to happen.
I emailed my teacher, he is on board, he is putting together a program for me. Then he offered me a side project to work on. Then today my good friend, Jen, is starting a new company, and wants me to revamp the website, and write the content for it as well. She has agreed to let me work with my teacher to get the whole project done. Then I can also have a link form her already busy site, and credit for the new site. Amazing timing, if I do say so myself! A job! A real web design job! Very exciting. I am expecting an email with the opening information as I write this. I will keep you all posted. Her work is very exciting, and empowering. I am actually working through her book, "Seven Dragons: A Guide to a Limitless Mind". It is the most challenging and empowering self help book I have ever read. That review is soon to come.
Fingers crossed, I have work to do!

0 comments: