"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

"If You Can See Me Now" by Cecelia Ahern (Winter Book Challange Review #1)

I recommend, and loan out books I love, all the time. Rarely, does that happen to me, however. My author friend, Jen, loaned me this book with so much excitement, it was like she had found a treasure. I moved it to the top of my to be read list. I had not read anything by Cecelia Ahern, only heard of her since her book, "P.S. I Love You" just came out as a major movie. I would have passed it up on the shelf, 'cause it seemed to romancy for me. Those perfect happily ever after books depress me, so I pass. I prefer my characters to have some flaws, and relatable issues.

That said, wow, I think Cecelia Ahern is my new favorite author! She is Irish, young, beautiful, and her Daddy is the Prime Minister of Ireland. Easy to assume, those are the reasons she is published. Nope! Frankly, she is talented. She has written a movie, a TV show (Samantha Who), and several successful books. She has creativity oozing from her. I am so very jealous.

The book. "If You Could See Me Now" is a beautiful, original, and creative story. So, unusual in fact that it is difficult to give a brief description of the story without giving away spoilers. It takes place in Ireland, in a small, scenic village. Elizabeth is the young woman, who thinks she is in control of her life, but painfully unhappy with the cards she was dealt. Ivan enters her world, and, let's say, opens her eyes. I know, sounds like a blurb from a classic romance novel. Trust me, it's not, but to go into more detail would spoil it. This book did not disappoint, and is well written, and thought provoking. Total woman's book, but not in the usual "chick lit" style. It will be added to the list of books I enthusiastically recommend to my friends. Look for reviews of all of Cecelia Ahern's books soon, I plan to read them asap!

4 of 5 shiny new author stars!

up next: "Seven Dragons: A Guide To A Limitless Mind" by Jen Blackert



0 comments: