"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Can I PLEASE go back to work?

Now, I know that it is probably bad form to whine on a new blog, but since it is also my current journal, well I am going to risk it and whine away. Feel free to skip ahead to the next entry, no hard feelings. My goal is to be working in the cyber world full-time sooner than later, but I am still a nurse. I work private duty for an amazing little girl. I am on the overnight shift, so I get plenty of productive time online, while she is asleep. So, other than being tired often, I have not one single complaint. I also have a beautiful family, including a wonderful 8 month old. So, why am I whining you ask.
Well, in honor of the holidays, I have been burning the candle at both ends, and stressed like the rest of us. I also work some weekends at my pediatrician's office, and I think picked up a fun little virus, on my last shift. So, I have missed most of the last week at work.
That beautiful family still required care, despite my feeling crappy. Then, yesterday, my wonderful baby also got sick. So, now, it is a couple days till Christmas, I still have a list of things to do, and me and the darling daughter are sick of being sick.
Now, I am looking forward to getting well, enjoying the holiday, and then, hard as it is to admit aloud, getting back to work. Down time is great, but sick time makes the normal days of life look like a pleasure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know it! I HATE being forced into idleness. If I'm going to be lazy, I want it to be on my terms. When I'm sick and in bed and feeling too bad to even read I know there is no fairness to be had in this universe.
I just wanted to let you know how much I admire your quest, appreciate your taste in reading materials and wish you all the success in the world!
Keep blogging!!!!
Happiest of holidays to you!

Booklover said...

Oh thank you so very much for visiting, and posting! Sometime s it feels like I am only talking to myself! Your post was a gift for me to read this morning. Thank you again! Happy Holidays!

Booklover