"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"When I came to, I had a revelation, a vision, a picture in my head" Doc Brown...Back To The Future

I laugh when I watch this video, right until I realize that Doc is sounding like me. I have a revelation, a vision, a picture in my head. And I have dedicated my time and money to making it work. I just hope it is not 30 yrs and my entire family fortune. LOL!



The reason for my self deprecation is that I have again had a revelation. We have to redesign the site. When I originally designed the site, it was very very pretty. I found my self asking, "wonder why no one else does their site like this?". Then the design restricted the function, so I opted for a quick redesign to simplify, but really felt like I was settling on the look.
Now, the learning curve is slowing,and I am understanding a basic web or maybe life concept. Function must dictate form. Period.
While it is not totally back to the drawing board, I am crumbling up the current design and implementing a whole new one. And, yes it is "a vision, a picture in my head". That is the trouble with all that reading for fun... cultivates a vivid imagination.

Looking forward to any feedback you guys have for the new design! Reassures me I am not always talking to myself.

0 comments: