"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The 2008 Nationl Book Award Finialists ( and my six degrees of seperation)





I know people. I am a social girl, I have always known people. This time it is different. I was researching, being the good book website owner, the National Book Awards nominees that were announced today. (Please refer to the official site for the whole list and video of the announcement)
I was reading through the list, and of course recognized some names, but then, like a bolt, I read a name that I knew. Not that I recognized from the book world, a name of a person that I KNEW, like as in a family friend! Almost like reading your own name, shocking.
I am honored to know Kathi Appelt, 2008 National Book Award Finalist. My kids have her books at home on their bookshelves. I have heard her read from her books at church. She a great woman, a good friend to my mom, and is very passionate about writing children's literature.
It is true that people can stay persistent to what they love to do, and become successful. I am sure that I am my own worst critic, but I'd bet Kathi can relate to that. So I have a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Kathi, and thank you for inspiring me to keep doing what I am passionate about as well! Don't forget to visit Kathi on her site: http://kathiappelt.com/ and read her new book: http://kathiappelt.com/articles/the_underneath

0 comments: