"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Go to the Bookstore

My new favorite way to regain focus and feel great about the site is to go to the bookstore. Yes, I know you are saying, I am sure trips to the bookstore are not a new found thrill. (And, yes I buy all books on the site through Amazon now anyway.)
It has taken on a whole new meaning. I used to go to the book store to pick out books to read, like normal people. Now I only go to the bookstore to take a mental health break, and count all the books that we have posted on Ijustfinished.com. It has become a new game. I go to all the "New Arrivals" "New Fiction" and "Best Sellers" areas, and any other cool displays and look to see how many of 'our' books are there. I really got excited to see Kathleen McCleary's book House and Home displayed on the "New Fiction" shelf the other day. I thought, hey I know her, she just interviewed on our site!
Today I counted 11 books that have current review on the site, and I was just passing through the store. It is so exciting to follow along the life of a book, and know that I am participating in it's journey. It feels like the tiny parts of a dream coming true.

Speaking of my dreams, we are planning on attending the Texas Book Festival as press, so any of you readers and writers alike please let me know if you will be there, we want to meet you! It would be so great to have the members of the site participate in the "Conversation of Books" video series. Look for lots of great info to follow regarding the Texas Book Festival (Nov 1 & 2).

0 comments: