"What I know is, is that if you do work that you love, and the work fulfills you, the rest will come." Oprah
Maybe it is lame to quote Oprah, but I'm desperatly hopeful
that she's right. This blog is really to try to deter the premature insanity that was beginning to emerge while I am learning web design, and following my passions. If you have a strong stomach, and good sense of humor, or are one of my friends or family (not optional for that group) please enjoy the ride.
The story starts with post #1, and continues to present day. I will keep you posted (pun intended), with the lasted chapter daily. Also, I will share my reviews of the books I escape with along the way.
Please, read, enjoy, comment, link, or message me. I'd love the feedback, it makes it seem less like I am just talking to myself.

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Social Media Maze


Digital Identity Mapping
Originally uploaded by fredcavazza
In the marketing push I have been diligently building up our social media networks. Today I planned on posting about the unexpected complexities of the task. As usual I went to Flick.com to find a relevant picture, and typed in Social Media as the key words.

So, now I am going to post, while in tears, that unless you are willing to make social media marketing your full time job, it is so very daunting. Even the images, like this one, still have sites missing. It is a dynamic, overwhelming, maze that can easily be overwhelming.

That is my sole purpose of my post today, not books, or reading, or Ijustfinished.com, but to tell all of you that are overwhelmed by social marketing/media you are not alone!




/>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You promised us blogging and your random thoughts are more entertaining than your coding and designing mumbo jumbo! lol Keep your head up and it will all be worth it soon. (soon - adverb, -er, -est. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.()before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon. ()promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.) Just wanted to confirm that for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I just joined Ijustfinished.com and wanted to tell you how wonderful your site is--I can't even imagine how hard it must be to start up something this complicated!

Booklover said...

I am here I promise! There are just not enough hours in the day! Heading over to post a witty, yet informative post right now....